Tuesday, September 25, 2012

It has been over two years since my last posting and I am thoroughly shocked at my inability to articulate my thoughts despite my myriad of frustrations. Well I figured now was as a good a time as any to rekindle my fire. So I was sitting around doing a little observation and I came to a plausible conclusion of what is wrong with western civilization. Materialism and hedonism. Two words that define the character and perspective of so many people. Our culture is so item driven and not ideals driven. There is a constant passion to pursue more while we relax or even relinquish our morals. Who made the rule that technology is the order of the day and that there has to be a continual pursuit of the latest and greatest? Is it really necessary for manufacturers to produce a new gadget or trinket every year? I realize that some things need to be updated as they become obsolete, but things do not instantly become antiquated. The nature that God made is not obsolete. Matter of fact, the things He created our more than sufficient eons after they were made. Fish still swim, birds still fly, plants still bloom, sun still shines, moon still reflects, reproduction still takes place, and the Earth is yet spinning oh her axis. Nevertheless, we slip a little further every day into the abyss of degradation. Meanwhile, the least of us suffers more because of the self seeking pleasures of a select few. Am I stating that we should deny ourselves some luxuries or privileges if we have worked hard to acquire such things? Certainly not!!! However, I do know beyond the shadow of a doubt that God has no pleasure in finishing runner-up in His pursuit of our love, loyalty, and adoration. Seek Ye first the kingdom of God and all these OTHER things shall be added unto you!

No comments: